According to some researches women need no longer than 20 minutes of manual or oral stimulation until they reach an orgasm.
The secret of orgasm most often lays in finding the right trigger. The muscle contractions that give the well known pleasant feeling can sometime happen spontaneously during the sexual intercourse but in most cases in order to reach the climax women need special atmosphere (ambience light, pleasant music), special body position or some specific technique (like oral stimulation of the clitoris). But even if all these factors are in the game it doesn’t necessarily mean that a perfect orgasm will be achieved.
First of all you have to pay attention to the foreplay. All that kissing, cuddling and exchange of touches activates our nervous system that sends messages about the feeling of pleasure throughout the body. At this point you should feel completely relaxed and devoted to the act without thinking about anything else. The best thing to do is to focus on a certain sense like smell or taste and think only about that.
When you are aroused your nerves carry a message to your brain that says that it is time to increase the blood flow in the erogenous zones and as a result of that the genital area is getting a little bit swollen and moisturized. The more blood in that area the more sensitive you become which results in a real circle of pleasure. Some researchers claim that women need around 10 to 20 minutes of manual or oral stimulation to achieve orgasm. Most of the women try to shorten that period because they think that their partner might not be interested after that. The truth is that men enjoy when their partner is aroused and reaches orgasm.
As we have mentioned before in order to achieve a perfect orgasm the position of the body is very important. Once you feel very aroused it is time for a penetration. While he is on top of you, find a position where the basis of his penis is in the same line with your clitoris and wrap your legs around him. The intercourse is now ready to proceed. Occasional finger stimulation on the clitoris performed by your partner is also an option.
In the moment you reach orgasm your brain releases a wave of oxytocin. This is a neurohormone that passes through the muscles of the pelvis and causes a series of rhythmic contractions that last for few seconds. If you practice Kegel exercises you can make those contractions last longer.
While you are having sex, don’t forget that proper breathing can be very helpful too. Never hold your breath and breathe freely – shallow and rapid breathing will produce more powerful vaginal contractions.
Faking orgasms is not an option. Although it might work sometimes it is better to say that you want some changes instead of faking orgasms. You will make your partner feel like he has found the perfect way to please you and he will try to repeat that procedure every time. The best way is to talk with your partner and find a way to have better sex.
Have you noticed that when you read about masturbation it is usually about male masturbation? Female masturbation is still considered to be a taboo but in the recent years there were several studies that came to a conclusion that female masturbation affects health in a positive way. So besides regular sex, occasional masturbation can be beneficial for women. These are some of effects of female masturbation:
– Cardiovascular system and diabetes
Recent researches have proven that female orgasms strengthen the resistance of female bodies to cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Of course these orgasms can be achieved by having sex with a partner but they can also be achieved with masturbation (especially if the woman doesn’t have a partner).
Masturbation is also very helpful when it comes to infections. It is good for both infections of the cervix and against urinary tract infections. It is a well known fact that masturbation lowers the risk of prostate cancer in men and recent studies have shown that masturbation practiced by women can lower the risk of cervical cancer. Once again the main reason for this is the orgasm itself, because it opens up the uterus and encourages production and distribution of so-called good bacteria in that area. Masturbation can also be useful in cases of urinary tract infections because it eases the pain which is a common thing in these infections. Besides that it helps the process of ejection of old and useless bacteria.
Masturbation, or orgasms to be more precise, strengthens the bottom of the pelvic which is especially important for women who have given birth. Throughout masturbation, and especially when the masturbation gets to the climax (orgasm), comes to muscle contractions and accelerated blood flow. All these things have great effects on the consolidation of the pelvic floor that leads to increased sexual pleasure and desire too.
Masturbation requires some energy and that is why many women (even without doing that intentionally) start masturbating after a long and busy day at work because that gives them a sense of relaxation and it helps them sleep faster and tighter. It is a known fact that masturbation encourages the release of dopamine in the body and those levels are at their maximum before the orgasm occurs. After the orgasm is achieved, oxytocin and endorphins are released that gives a feeling of calmness and warmth in every woman. Because of this feeling it is much easier for the woman to go to bed and sleep without having any problems.
– Relaxation and mood
With the help of the hormones that are released during masturbation, the female body successfully fights the symptoms caused by stress. Hormones that lead to depression and bad moods are replaced with other hormones that bring happiness and calmness. Few researches have proven that masturbation drastically reduces emotional stress and this is very important because this stress is a direct cause of many diseases. Another research has shown that masturbation can remove bad mood instantly.
Throughout the history masturbation was considered to be wrong. It was usually described as something sinful and morally wrong. Modern society has slowly changed its view on masturbation and although it remains a taboo there are a lot of researches that are conducted and that prove that practicing masturbation is good for human health.
In the moment when some person experiences orgasm, the body is filled hormones and substances that make that person feel good and happy, and those substances can also improve the general health. We all know how healthy is to practice sex with another person, but having solo sex can also be beneficial for many aspects of human health.
- Masturbation exercise enhances immune system. During the orgasm among many hormones that are released there is one hormone called Oxytocin that helps white blood cells to fight infections in a better and more efficient way. According to some studies, women that have higher levels of Oxytocin in their bodies are dealing with their period much easier. It is also helpful for menstrual cramps and other types of pain.
- No matter how you achieve an orgasm, it is always useful when it comes to stress. Stress is number one factor for many diseases and by practicing masturbation you will feel relaxed and calm.
- Consider masturbation as a form of exercise. With the help of masturbation you can burn calories and fat. Keep in mind that having sex with a partner requires much more physical activity but masturbation can still be helpful because of all the muscles that are active during the process, increased blood flow and faster breathing. It sounds like a good cardiovascular exercise right?
- Some people are afraid of having sex because of the risk that it brings – all types of diseases or the chance of conception even though they use protection. Abstinence can help with that problem but the sex drive can’t be surprised for a long time. Masturbation is probably the safest method to achieve orgasm and have something close to actual sex without worrying about the things mentioned before.
- The best way to improve your sexual techniques is to explore your body to the fullest extent. And it looks like there is no better way to do it other than masturbation. Masturbation allows you to explore your erogenous zones and find out what turns you on and what gives you pleasure. This experimentation with your own body will eventually lead to having more pleasure when you have intercourse with your partner and you will feel more confident once you know yourself.
- There are many people, especially women, who can’t reach orgasm with their sexual partners. The reasons can be different – traumatic experience from the past, medical conditions, orgasmic dysfunctions etc. Whatever the reason is, these people can reach orgasm much easier if they rely on masturbation. Personal stimulation may allow the body to be more sensitive to sexual contact with others.