There is a relation between mental and sexual health! Yes… this is true and good sex does not mean you have to be physically sound. Your brain also plays a vital role in the quality of sexual intercourse you have with your partner. The fact is you should not be just physically fit but you should also focus on the mental aspects at play when it comes to positive sexual health.
Most people only focus on the physical nature of sex. They spend most of their time being physically fit. There are also some people that look for enhancements to make them physically appealing and perform better during sex. There are very few men and women that understand that mental health also plays a crucial role when it comes to having sex.
How mental health plays havoc on sexual health:
The following are some of the ways in which mental health affects sex-
1. If you are not feeling well mentally or are stressed, anxious or depressed, you will lack the appropriate chemistry in your body that is a necessity for healthy sexual performance. People who are mentally unhealthy will have an imbalance of hormones and chemicals in their body and this result in poor sexual health.
2. If you are anxious or over-stressed, you will not be able to relax during sexual intercourse. This leads to problems like low libido and issues like erectile dysfunction even when you are physically agile and fit. For a good sex life, you should have a relaxed and peaceful mind.
3. A healthy brain can creatively fantasize and come up with ideas. This helps you to anticipate sexual pleasures while having sex. When you have poor mental health you fail to fantasize on these scenes and this leaves your sex life dull.
4. There are some people who resort to drugs when they suffer from poor mental health for treating the problem. Most of these drugs help you to sleep or used for the treatment of depression. These drugs often have side effects and they negatively affect the sexual health of people. In most cases partners also suffer and this leads to rifts in the relationship.
5. It is important for you to engage the things you like doing. This will make you mentally happy and less prone to anxiety and depression. You should try to keep yourself happy so that you boost mental health and boost sexual health. Relationships are strengthened and you effectively can bring back the spark in your sex life with success.
When you are suffering from poor mental health, it is very important for you to seek medical aid and counsel. A positive sexual life gives you happiness and the bond you share with your partner also is enhanced. There are treatments available for poor mental health and doctors may prescribe a reduce dose of medicines, patient counseling and relaxation techniques that involve meditation and breathing. In this manner people are to improve their sexual health with success.