We all know that sex is one of the most pleasurable activities that we can indulge in as people. But did you know that there are some other benefits that you will experience if you have regular sex, besides the awesomeness of the experience itself? Below you will find a list of the 5 most important benefits that you will experience if you’re having regular sex.
- You will have a healthier immune system. There are several studies that are done on the subject of sexual health, and most of them have shown a tight correlation of having superior immune system function and having regular sex. There are immunes system antibodies that fight disease – they are present in greater numbers in the bodies of people that have regular sex, as compared to people that don’t have any.
- It will increase libido in men. You may think that having regular sex will diminish your libido – but in fact, the opposite is true in most cases. If you have sex you will want to have even more sex – the enjoyment that you derive from this activity won’t fade off, but it will get increased even more.
- There’s a link between regular sex and low blood pressure. There are quite a few studies done on this subject as well, and they have shown that people that have regular sex have lower blood pressure on average than the people that don’t have sex. One study has shown that the diastolic pressure is lower in the case of a person having regular sex (but not in the case of a person regularly masturbating). As we all know, high blood pressure is known as the silent killer – and if you manage to lower it you will have staved off a big chance of heart disease later on in life.
- You will have the best sleep of your life. After reaching intense orgasm, there’s a sleep-promoting change that happens in your body. And this change comes in the form of the increased quantity of the hormone called prolactin, which is a “feel good” hormone and it provides calmness and relaxation for your body.
- Sex distresses your body and mind. If you find that you have a lot going on in your mind and that the world weighs down on you – having sex is one of the best things that you can do in order to ease off the pressure. You will be able to expend all of the negative energy that you have accumulated in the time period, in a highly positive way. And if you remember the previous point – your body will secrete more of the hormone called prolactin, which will relax you even more so. If you find that you’re overly stressed – having sex is a life-saver.
Surprisingly, these are not the only benefits that you will experience from having sex. But it would take a lot more than a small article to explain the full plethora of physical and psychological health-promoting benefits of sex. We advise you to find them all out for yourself.