What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation (PE) is a condition where a man reaches orgasm (release of semen) too early during sexual intercourse. Although the boundary between early attainment of orgasm and what is considered normal ejaculation is very thin, PE is in most cases characterized by ejaculation of semen within the first minute of sexual intercourse. Men without PE problem do ejaculate after about four minutes with some men capable of prolonging their ejaculation to more than ten minutes.
PE is often considered an erectile dysfunction, in which case it leaves both a man affected and his partner sexually unsatisfied. Indeed, some sexual partners of men having the problem do look for sexual satisfaction elsewhere, something capable of causing marriage breakups in case of married coupes. On their part, men with PE problem do initially feel embarrassed and often develop fear of getting involved in sexual activities. This eventually leads to stress and one can easily become depressed when one affected does not seek help.
Even though the exact cause(s) of premature ejaculation has not been ascertained, which is the reason for its consideration as an erectile dysfunction problems, a number of theories for its occurrence have been advanced. One theory advanced indicates that PE is a result of masturbation by young men. Because they masturbate quickly to avoid being caught, the action soon develops into PE problem when they come of age. Other theories advanced include increased anxiety just before sexual intercourse and lack of sex for a prolonged period by adult men. These are just theories that have no evidence of proof.
A possible cause for this type of erectile dysfunction is believed to be lack of self control on the part of men who experience the problem. In particular, scientists have linked physiological mechanism to occurrence of PE. This is a genetic condition where a man is naturally born with increased nerve sensitivity. Furthermore, scientists have also established that men with premature ejaculation problem do have a high neurological response particularly in their pelvic muscles.
Several management techniques have been recommended for men who experience premature ejaculation. Such techniques include:
- Use of condoms – Condoms reduce penile sensitivity, allowing men with PE to prolong their ejaculation.
- Use of analgesic creams – These numb the penis when erect, reducing penile sensitivity to a large extent, in effect prolonging ejaculation.
- Application of pressure on the penis – This technique is best performed by a partner. It involves applying pressure (squeezing) the penis when a man is about to ejaculate. Alternatively, a man needs to inform his partner when he is about to ejaculate for the partner to pull back his scrotum, which delays ejaculation. This works because when a man is about to ejaculate, his scrotum rises toward the body.
- Change of position – Changing from “active” sex position to a ‘passive” position has been proven to help a man with premature ejaculation problems to delay ejaculation as much as possible.
- Reduced anxiety – Men with PE problem can do themselves good by avoiding anxiety before intercourse. Having sex in a different room apart from the bedroom and avoiding fear/sexual thoughts before intercourse goes along way in delaying ejaculation.
- Exercises – Performance of PC exercises have been proved to help men with PE problem to eventually overcome the same. PC exercises are basically kegel exercises that that strengthen specific muscles that control ejaculation.
Apart from management techniques, various medications are normally prescribed for treating this type of erectile dysfunction. Such are in most cases selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) that are effective in reducing incidents of premature ejaculation. The medications include Clomipramine (Anafranil), Dapoxetine, Paroxetine and Tramadol among other SSRIs. Self-medication is strictly not recommended when dealing with PE. This is because these medications can have serious side effects including such erectile dysfunction problems as diminished libido and amargasmia among other problems.
A cream that can help you to cure premature ejaculation without side effect like Activ Homme Cream. There are no amazing ingredients or science in the cream, the cream just lower down your sensitivity of your penis. This will help you to be more longer lasting in sex.